Instagram

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Fiction Books with Dogs!



If you follow me on Twitter, you know I have a #doggo named Bella, who is a complete mess and entirely loved. I have always had dogs since childhood. But never cats. I know there are those who LOVE cats, but I don't "get" them. However, I completely accept your right to love whatever animal you choose!

Recently I asked some Book People on Twitter to recommend their favorite books that had dogs in in them, and received responses from librarians, authors, and other bibliophiles. It was during #AskALibrarian again, the 1 hour Twitter chat on Thursdays from 12-1 (ET) where you can tweet with the hashtag and get recommendations from real, live librarians (verses fake, dead ones? not sure why I said it that way)!  

Here are some of the titles that were mentioned.

K-9 Defense by Elizabeth Heiter (to be published April 16, 2019)
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
A Dog Named Christmas by Greg Kincaid
A Low Country Christmas by Mary Alice Monroe
Watchers by Dean Koontz
My Dog Tulip by J.R. Ackerly 
Stay by Allie Larkin
The Best Man - Kristan Higgins
The Timber Creek K-9 Series by Margaret Mizushima

In Dog We Trust - Beth Kendrick
Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles (Oberon, the Irish Wolfhound)
A Borrowing of Bones - Paula Munier
Chet & Bernie Mysteries by Spencer Quinn
The Scent of Murder by Kylie Logan (coming May 7th)
Dark Alchemy by Laura Bickle (part of the Wildlands series, and the sidekick is a coyote named Sig, not a dog, but it's great just the same)!

Let me know if you have read other books with dogs in them that you love!

Happy #Doggo reading!


2 comments:

  1. David Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter series featuring Tara, the wonder golden retriever, are fabulous. I think in the second book he sets up a dog rescue facility. Rosenfelt is hilarious and his series is a huge hit with readers, plus they are awesome in audio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually trying to remember that series last week, without luck, so thanks! I will try the audio, too, because I'm not having luck there lately.

    ReplyDelete