Instagram

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Instagram, Discovered...

#Instagram


I’ve gotten fairly proficient at using Twitter for work. I use it for Collection Development, Reader’s Advisory, and Publisher and Author contacts. But I started noticing these things called #Bookstagrams on Twitter, with lovely images of books and flowers and nature scenes. Hmmm, I thought, I need to look into this!

So, I had my teenager show me how to use Instagram (it didn’t go over very well). I stumbled along and figured it out eventually, and off I went. But a funny thing happened: I started noticing things I usually overlooked – colorful flowers, book covers, beautiful nature scenes (yes, even in Texas we have some nice things to see - bluebonnets, for example). So, out came the smartphone and I started taking photos of what caught my eye. At first they were pretty ordinary. A few wild flowers, some stacks of books. But then, I discovered filters! And hashtags! And suddenly I had followers and was stopping traffic and knocking on strangers’ doors to take pictures of flowers and bottle trees! I was getting out of control! This morning, during a devotional, I paused on the page that said “May,” with a photo of some flowers on it. Out came the phone (Sorry, God!), and off I went to find the perfect quote to go with the picture to post on Instagram #flowers #Spring, etc. And a quick prayer after that to move social media down the list of priorities in my life!

Here are some of the Instagram #pics I've #posted on #bookstagram and #flower sites!!  (Well, I need a little help, here, after all)!


Cara Cara Oranges are in season!


Bottle Tree


Month of May


My Mom's Backyard


My Towering TBR!

Happy Viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment