Instagram

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Audiobook Recommendations from Librarians, Authors, and Other Bibliophiles on Twitter

Image result for audiobooks pixabay"


I have a 30 minute, twice daily commute to work at the library, and have had some trouble finding an audiobook that has staying power for me recently. Earlier this week I posed the question on Twitter, "What's your favorite audiobook lately," and I got some great feedback. Without further words (because I always use twice as many as I need to) here is a list of audiobooks suggestions for your consideration (apologies in advance if I left some out or misspelled some things):

Adult Fiction:

Lincoln in the Bardo - George Saunders
Murmur of Bees - Sofia Segovia
Such a Fun Age - Kiley Reid
Long Bright River - Liz Moore
Library of Lost and Found - Phaedra Patrick
The Secrets of Wishtide - Kate Saunders
A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman 
Nothing to See here - Kevin Wilson
All the Lost Things - Michelle Sacks
Sunburn - Laura Lippman
The Little Shop of Found Things - Paula Brackston
My Sister the Serial Killer - Oyinkan Braithwaite
The Light We Lost - Jill Santopolo 
The Good Girl - Mary Kubica
Rabbits for Food - Binnie Kirshenbaum

Science Fiction/Fantasy:

Ten Thousand Doors of January - Alix E. Harrow
The Poppy War - R.F. Kuang
Night Circus - Erin Morganstern

Series:

The Pink Carnation series - Lauren Willig
Harry Dresden - Jim Butcher
Amelia Peabody - Elizabeth Peters
Parasol Protectorate - Gail Carriger
The Emerald Atlas - John Stephens


Non-Fiction:

Born a Crime - Trevor Noah
The Sun Does Shine - Anthony Ray Hinton
Talking to Strangers - Malcolm Gladwell
Bad Blood - John Carreyrou
Catch and Kill - Ronan Farrow
The Trial of Lizzie Borden - Cara Robertson
Just Kids - Patti Smith
Norse Mythology - Neil Gaiman
Making Toast - Roger Rosenblatt

YA:

Scythe - Neal Shusterman
Truly Devious series by Maureen Johnson


Happy Listening!





1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your list! I listen to audio books most every day while I am working. I see some good ones here and will add them to my wish list on Audible! I'd like to add AS YOU WISH by Cary Elwes to the list. For fans of The Princess Bride movie especially, it was outstanding -- Elwes's narration is top notch, but also many of the other actors/director from the movie chime in.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete