Instagram

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

WWW Wednesday! August 1, 2018

San Francisco!!
Image result for golden gate bridgeImage result for san francisco trolley imagesImage result for san francisco chinatown imagesImage result for san francisco sea lions

One more night's sleep and I'm off to San Francisco with the whole family for vacation! We are going to be true tourists and see all the sights, including a Segway tour - a little nervous about that one!

Here's an update on BOOKS!!

What I (Recently) Finished Reading:

A Romantic Way to Die: A Sheriff Dan Rhodes Mystery (Sheriff Dan Rhodes Mysteries) by [Crider, Bill]
I listened to an audiobook of the late Bill Crider's Sheriff Dan Rhodes mystery series called A Romantic Way to Die. The unusual cover is due to the plot: some romance writers gather for a conference and people start dying, including the handsome cover model and one of the authors. This series is set in Texas and narrated by the incomparable George Guidall (who also narrates Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon series and Craig Johnson's Longmire series, two of my other favorites). Listening to the books in this series is like curling up in a porch rocking chair and sighing with contentment.
What I'm Currently Reading:

The Liar by Steve Cavanaugh. This is part of a great legal thriller series starring a former con-man- turned-attorney named Eddie Flynn. This is the third book, after The Defense and The Plea. The next one in the series is TH1RT3EN and it sounds like a winner, too. Books 3 and 4 are not available in the US yet, so I ordered them from the UK!  The author is Irish, but he does a great job in setting his books in our country.

Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by [Lauren, Christina]
Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren. Hazel, the titular main character in this humorous novel, is one of the wackiest literary personalities I have encountered lately, and the author has done a great job in crafting her. Hazel would love the word "titular," actually, and make a dirty joke out of it!  This is a fun read with the theme of "opposites attract," and a nice break from other more serious "literary" books I'm committed to read. In my own life, I'm "Josh" and my husband is "Hazel." It's worked out OK, so far - we've been married 35 years!

What I Want to Read Next:

November Road: A Novel by [Berney, Lou]
November Road by Lou Berney. A road trip novel set in the era of the JFK assassination that has gotten major buzz and starred reviews. I just read an excellent review from The Real Book Spy who you can follow on Twitter @TheRealBookSpy or read about on the website: https://therealbookspy.com/.

I really wish I had more time to read - there are so many great books out there to discover - but this working full-time is getting in the way of that! For now, I have my Kindle loaded and a few print books packed for my trip. I'm planning some great #epicreadingspot pics for Instagram!

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment